Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fun Stuff

Ugh...I need to calm down. Frustration is not good for my blood pressure! So I'm going to think about the fun things I made this week and share them with you. Maybe that will inspire me to go make something else before I go to bed tonight.

Here are some photos of what I've been up to. This first collage was made with paper I printed with my Gelli Arts plate. I'm really, really loving that tool -- one of the best investments I've ever made! (A one-inch square section of this collage will appear on the back cover of Issue 4 of Featuring Magazine when it comes out in the near future. Here's the link to their web site.


Featuring is a great resource for lovers of creativity. It's expensive because it ships from overseas, but it's never disappointed me. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

I made my own washi tape this week, too...something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I love washi tape and have used a lot of it lately, mostly in the little Junque Journals I made. It gets expensive, though! 

Using paper tape (from the pharmacy), I laid it out in strips on a piece of plastic backing (from a sheet of stickers). I used a Sharpie to doodle and/or write on the tape, then I printed over that using my Gelli Arts plate. Lots of fun! (Two sheets are shown, they are just side-by-side for the photo.)


Here is a journal page I did using some of the washi tape I printed. You can (barely) see the writing: Spring has sprung!


Did I mention it snowed again? Did I mention that I live in the snowiest spot in the nation? Am I smiling?!


If you are reading this, thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment, as it's always fun to know that someone has actually been here. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself when I post all this stuff!




1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad I followed your comment (thanks!) on my blog. I have some of that paper tape already - used it to cover the edges of foam core on some assemblages - makes it easy to paint those edges. I'm going to try that self made original washi tape idea!

    ReplyDelete