Friday, March 1, 2013

Having fun with my Gelli Plate!

I've had my 8X10 Gelli Plate for several months...maybe even since before they became all the rage! Since then, I've ordered the 6X6 and the 12X14. I love all of them, but have to admit that the 12X14 is still in its original packaging. I just don't know what to do with it yet.

Anyway, I have a great big stack of  Deli Paper with beautiful monoprints. I've used these monoprints to make covers for little Junque Journals, in collages in my art journal, on note cards...the uses are wide and fun and amazing. I must admit that I was blown away today when I watched a video by Carolyn Dube. She used her Gelli Plate to decorate a pair of white canvas shoes! Is that awesome or what?

So here are some of my favorite Gelli Print monoprints so far. It may appear that I prefer to doodle in my paint, but that's not really true. These faces, however, made me very happy and I'm happy to share them with people who will appreciate how excited I was when I pulled that paper off my Gelli-Plate!


Remember that when you write on the Gelli-Plate, it has to be backwards
in order for it to come out forwards. I know that sounds confusing, but it's true!




Thanks for looking!



11 comments:

  1. I have no idea what a gelli plate is but it sure does make cool art. Thanks for playing along this week, welcome to APR. I hope you come over again to play. Great colors! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit like mono printing on a bowl of jelly (jello in US?). The effect is fun, and I like the use of blorange. Dropping in from APR - Hope you post some more of these gelli prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Love these! I DO know what the gelli thingie is and I am certain it would BE great fun for me, just that I don't NEED [or want, to BE honest] more "stuff" and so I shall just DO monoprints with the homemade variety making DO with what I have. I love how yours are coming out. You GO, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a look at the video and it looks like so much fun, I can see why you are doing it. Yours look fabulous but I could never write backwards, I have enough trouble going forwards :)
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am late coming over from APR but so glad I got here to see the fun you have been having with your gelli plate...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies for my lateness too but what a delight!
    I have never heard of a gelli plate and it's all fascinating.
    Thanks for sharing...cool artwork for sure ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your prints- esp. the faces! You are so right about the excitement when you pull a print off! It's addictive! So impressed with your words- that is a tough one to do on the Gelli! So glad you shared this with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, Mary! I know how addicting it is. I am playing with mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had some fun there. Great prints.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your wonderful prints, and share your love for this tool! My favorite from your post today would have to be your four leaf clover, loving the different prints for each petal and its a fitting print for March! xx

    ReplyDelete