Monday, June 28, 2010


It's hotter than blazes here today, but that's not why I'm here. On Blissfully Art Journaling, today's journal prompt was to "write about your dog." That idea didn't really appeal to me, so I went out on the porch to catch some of the slight breeze. At one point, I looked down at my feet and was literally shocked to see that there was dog poop all over the soles of my flip flops! It was dry, so I hadn't discovered it in the house - it had happened last night. When? I couldn't remember walking in the grass in the dark. Dumbfounded!

I took off my shoes and walked through the house to go put them on the deck to clean. When I opened the door, the deck was all wet from a "recent scrubbing and washing" by my husband. I heard him behind me, "I already cleaned it up!" Great, I thought -- glad I didn't know there was a mess, but wish I'd known when I came out here last night and didn't turn on the light! Anyway, I put my shoes in the bucket by the door -- just too hot right now to worry about them. And I looked down into that bucket and thought, "That just about sums up life sometimes: I just put my shitty shoes in the bucket until I feel like cleaning them up."

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to get my work done so I can go upstairs and turn on the window air conditioner in the TV room and just veg for the rest of the day. Maybe tomorrow I'll clean my shoes. Maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment