Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Madness

Life has been c.r.a.z.y. for the last month, but something tells me it will begin to slow down just a bit. I hope so.

Here it is - Lent, 2011. I've always enjoyed greeting people with "Happy Ash Wednesday!" just to get a smile out of them. This year was no exception. I hope you all had a Happy Ash Wednesday, and have a Happy Lent!

I've been loving my classes at the Art Museum. It's hard to believe there are only two weeks left of my drawing class, and three of my painting class. It's been good for me, and now I need to see what offerings lie in store for the next session. Last week, we painted a piece of fruit.


It's been fun working with Acrylic paints from a tube instead of those inexpensive craft paints I've been using for my journals and altered books! Who knew?

Life goes on. My goal for this Spring is to get my 3rd floor space in order to spend all my creative time up there - in a "Mom Cave" if you will - and clear off the dining room table! My incentive? The in-laws are coming to visit over Holy Week/Easter. I have the greatest incentive in the world to get this house in "mother-in-law acceptable" order. Not that she'll have much to say about it, but - trust me - she will notice! (This is the same woman who said to me years ago, "If you're going to be a priest's wife, you're going to have to learn how to keep house." I kid you not.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping house is largely overrated. Keeping home is what it's all about. And you keep a beautiful home - one where your friends feel welcome, sheltered, and well loved. So forget about keeping house and keep on keeping home! Love you.

    ReplyDelete